We believe that rewards are about more than the salary you receive for a job well done.
Of course, working with us gives you the chance to make the sort of impact that’s rare with any other organisation in Scotland – you can contribute to decisions vital to Scotland, and play a part in developing and influencing the policies that touch all our lives.
We’ve developed a comprehensive range of rewards that recognise your achievements, build on your skills and help you find a healthy work/life balance.
Holidays and leave:
- 25 days of annual leave, rising to 30 days after 4 years’ continuous service
- 11.5 days of public holidays in addition to annual leave
- Maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave at enhanced rates after a qualifying period
- Up to 6 days paid leave for volunteering
- Paid and unpaid special leave to deal with domestic issues, and undertake a range of public duties.
- We support flexible working with a wide range of alternative working patterns, e.g. part-time, part-year, compressed working
- A flexi-time system allows you to manage your daily and weekly working hours to support a healthy work/life balance
- We are trialing hybrid working to allow staff a mix of home and office working, subject to business needs
The pay ranges we offer from 1 April 2022 are:
- A3 Grade: £22,182 – £24,888
- A4 Grade: £25,713 – £27,735
- B1 Grade: £29,102 – £31,941
- B2 Grade: £33,520 – £38,329
- B3 Grade: £41,642 – £49,860
- BF Grade: £32,847 – £40,603
- C1 Grade: £52,355 – £65,276
- C2 Grade: £68,540 – £79,109
- C3 Grade: £79,360 – £80,434
- Generous Civil Service pension scheme
Learning and development:
- Skills development tailored to your role
- Mentoring programmes
- Annual programme of bookable training sessions and events
- Cycle to work scheme – make tax savings on the purchase of a bike to cycle to work
- Season-ticket loans for your travel to work
- Access to an online portal to access a variety of instant savings for free.